Maine is full of amazing restaurants (just look at how many of our chefs are up for James Beard Awards this year!) and venues to host your Rehearsal Dinner, so narrowing it down to just one can be tough! We’ve been lucky enough to organize rehearsal dinners at many locations over the years, and have come up with a list of favorites.
1. Boones Fish House and Oyster Bar: With two decks (an upper and a lower) overlooking the working waterfront and plenty of indoor space, Boones is the ultimate Old Port venue. Ample room for all of your guests, whether your dinner is big or small, and killer views to boot.
2. Rocktide Inn: If you’re looking for something midcoast and coastal, Rocktide is your spot. Tasty seafood, gorgeous views and just the right vibe for your rehearsal dinner.
3. Hugo’s Restaurant: Arguably Portland’s most premier restaurant, Hugos is a great space for an intimate rehearsal dinner with top notch cuisine.
4. Five Fifty-Five: A longtime Portland staple, many people don’t know that “the Fives” has a private dining space for events! The food never disappoints, and the location on Congress Street cannot be beat.
5. Home: We’re talking about your home! The one you grew up in or spent summers coming to. Have it catered or gather everyone for a lobster bake, either way, your home might just be the perfect spot to gather your family and friends before you say “I do!”.