Wentworth Lodge photographed by emilie inc
Choosing a wedding venue from amongst Maine’s many amazing options is no easy task. From seaside cottages to rustic barns and luxurious hotel ballrooms, it seems Maine has every option one could possibly desire! It’s no wonder we are such a popular state for destination weddings! In an effort to make your choosing a bit easier, we’ve rounded up our top five Maine wedding venues. While these are certainly our favorite at the moment, this is by no means an exhaustive list of the wonderful places to work or have your wedding. If you have something else in mind, feel free to contact us to get the ball rolling on planning the wedding of your dreams!
1. A location that is near and dear to your heart. It could be a Maine summer camp that you attended as a child, your families summer home or an inn or B&B that you have stayed at as a couple
2. Wentworth Lodge: This lovely property is available for rent in Cape Elizabeth Maine. The views are amazing and the lodge itself is like taking a step back in time. The expansive fields give plenty of room to place any type of tent that you can dream up. You can also utilize it for a low-key BBQ rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.
3. TEIA on Peaks Island: This boating and tennis club on Peaks Island is a true coastal gem. The structure is lovely, and unpretentious, and allows for any decor from nautical to vintage, rustic and even glam.
4. Black Point Inn: A sweeping historical Inn located on Prout’s Neck in Scarborough Maine. The staff is wonderful and helpful, and the options for dining areas are lovely. It also offers a great deal in May before the official season opens: you can buy out the Inn and have the place to yourself.
5. Barn on Walnut Hill: Last summer was the first time that I worked with the Barn on Walnut Hill. Lani, the event planner there, was such a pleasure to work with. The barn and home are gorgeous and offer a charming country garden feel only a short ride outside of Portland.