As a wedding planner, a large portion of my professional life is dedicated to celebrating love between happy couples. It should come as no surprise then, that Valentine’s Day is one of my favorites. With small kids at home, I usually like to spend the day making handmade valentines and treats, and trying to sneak in a romantic dinner with my husband after the kiddos go to bed. For all you nearlyweds out there though, Valentine’s Day is probably still just about the two of you. With that in mind I’ve rounded up some of my favorite date ideas to make this the best, least cheesy, Valentine’s Day yet.
1. Escape to French’s Point: Still looking for a wedding venue? Beautiful, private, coastal wedding venue French’s Point is offering complimentary (yes, free!) stays in their gorgeous farmhouse, complete with a tour of the property for you and your hunny. Contact them to reserve your spot!
2. Cook dinner together (or take a cooking class!)
3. Cross Country Skiing at Pineland Farms
4. Host a potluck brunch with your favorite couples
5. Winter West Festival: Enjoy roasting marshmallows, ice skating, competitive dog sledding races and more in Westbrook this weekend.